14.7.06

pilgrims speak!

"I don't believe in hell, so fuck it. I don't believe in heaven either. I do believe in whiskey, though."

Sometimes when I hear things, that, even though I don't agree with them, i feel like I've chosen the right friends. I have a grumpy pal who doesn't like when I put her name on the internet, but she does like when I borrow or lend her books that I think that she should read. She's going to go to a place where there are wars on two fronts, and I'll be counting on unseen forces she doesn't regard as real to bring her back home.

I was reading a Dr. Bronner's bottle and I was amazed again at how much ridiculous shit there is out there, and just how alluring ridiculous shit is to believe in and to follow. Simple language of principles and 'oneness' are probably going to appeal to people for the rest of time, and if you want to win a lot of friends quickly, learn some short cuts to profundity and employ the cliches as swiftly and broadly as possible. Please, don't concern yourself with depth of knowledge or reflection. Also, accuracy is for the faint of heart.

Now we are looking through old scrapbooks and marvelling at weight fluctuation and dyed hair. Tonight I was given a plant named cassiopoeia. What's in? Eating organs and uplifting jams. Out? Bad vibes.

go with god.

james.

No comments: