19.7.06

chill retardo

"Fame is a form of incomprehension, perhaps the worst." J. Borges.

Massive rap day number two in a row. I just watched Ghostface and Rick Ross play to thirty people at the Malibu Inn, and I was videotaped for BET in a segment that disses the dipset. It's a long story, and I am remaining neutral in any and all beefs, in keeping with my usual policy. I kept imagining what it must be like to play for thirty people as a seminal and platinum selling artist who actually still makes good and relevant records over ten years after debuting. I don't have to imagine what it's like to play for thirty people when you're not. Then there was a famous person at the Cha Cha when we headed there after for drinks, but Toddrick, whose birthday it is had already gone home. Sour luck, but all in all, a very good night.

Life is good, and the price is right.

j

No comments: